British Council Nigeria invites the public to be part of creating new world-class stage plays by sharing stories inspired by experiences in the city of Lagos. Four stories will be chosen and adapted into four stage plays which will be performed by both local and international theatre companies at the Lagos Theatre Festival (LTF) 2014.
Receipt of stories will end on October 2, 2013 and winning entries will be announced on October 14, 2013.
- All entries must be written in prose style, typed double spaced and contain between 300 and 1000 words.
- Do not submit already written plays. Only prose narratives that capture the essence of living in Lagos will be considered.
- Judges will be looking out for stories that are: original, exciting, and true to the dramatic and constantly energetic nature of the city of Lagos. These stories could be set from experiences in a restaurant, bar/beer parlour, a class room, in a bus or in an open field, a church, an art gallery, a gate house and a car park.
- Entries must not have been previously published or entered for any competition.
- Open to both professional and non-professional writers. Stories will be selected based on simplicity and originality.
- All entries should include name, age, sex, and contact details (phone number and email address).
- By entering the contest, entrants automatically agree to a release of their stories. Stories can be used/adapted in any way, shape or form by the producers of LTF 2014 and they become property of the LTF 2014 production.
Acknowledgment and a small fee will be given to the writers of selected stories. Send your stories to the firstname.lastname@example.org.