The Murtala Muhammed Foundation (MMF) announces the Education for Change essay competition for university, polytechnic and secondary school students, a part of its Public Policy Dialogue aimed at increasing transparency, democracy, and accountability in the Nigerian government/economy. The essay competition is focused on promoting critical thinking, harnessing ideas and developing the talents of Nigerian youth.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
1. Content: How convincing are the main points and conclusion of the essay?
2. Organization: How logical is the flow of thoughts?
3. Relevance: Relationship between the essay and the topic?
4. Critical thinking: Ability to think creatively.
5. Grammar: Spelling and punctuation.
6. Reference: Ability to provide proper referencing from reliable sources.
7. Word Count: Adherence to the 500-word limit stipulated.
How To Apply
Entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with these details: full name, age, gender, email address, phone number, school/institution, state of residence and state of origin. The deadline for submission of entries is August 16, 2013. Selected participants will be contacted.
University & Polytechnic Essay Topics
1. Education is the most powerful weapon, which you can use to change the world.
2. Nelson Mandela.
Prizes For Winning University & Polytechnic Essays
Secondary School Essay Topics
1. Education is that which remains when one has forgotten everything he learned in school,
2. Albert Einstein.
Prizes For Winning Secondary School Essays
All the very best!