Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Type: Student/Intern
Apply Before: May 29, 2014
Intel Nigeria is offering a 12-month fixed-term internship suitable for students currently studying towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field. The focus of this role is to implement and execute projects and programs in a timely manner and engage all stakeholders in a proactive manner; flawlessly manage customer quality issues to closure, manage customer satisfaction with product quality and technical support.
This is a 12-month fixed-term placement suitable for students currently studying a degree course in relevant disciplines, and is targeted at 2nd or 3rd year students enrolled in a 4-year bachelor's degree which includes a year in industry. Having one or more of the skills below will be a strong advantage.
Marketing and Sales:
Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Understanding of basic PC architecture.
- Ability to build and debug typical PC hardware, install and debug typical PC operating systems including both Microsoft Windows and various distributions of Linux.
- Ability to do circuit designs using large scale integration components, familiarity with configuration of complex devices at register level.
- Ability to program in assembly language for x86 processors.
- Ability to program in either C or C++, detailed knowledge of communication protocols such as TCP/IP.
- Ability to debug electronic circuits using typical debug tools such as oscilloscope, logic analyzer etc.
- Project management and implementation.
- Ability to quickly learn about new products and technologies.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
- Capable of working unsupervised by prioritizing work and focusing on meeting agreed objectives in required timeframe.
- Ability to integrate quickly with existing team so that maximum contribution to team goals can be quickly achieved.